Saturday, December 13, 2014

More on Me and This year...

Being home is such a nice feeling. I hope you've experienced the "at home moment" before- you know, when you're surrounded by people you love, in a place you love, and you are at peace?
I'm definitely feeling that today. I got in to my parents' house after day-long road trip with my best friend. Finals week is *finally!* done, and I'm officially half-way through my degree-in-three college journey. 3 semesters down, 3 more to go!

I can't say that homecoming was perfect though. There was a familiar little jingle and bark that I distinctly missed when I walked in the door. Seems like life just cannot be perfect, but we're thankful for those little moments anyway. Eh, well, you can read more of my rambles & ponderings in my "Adventuring Through Life" blog. This one's for status updates. ;)

So here it is:
This year has been so fantastic! God has taught me so much through the adventures I have been on both at home, school, and on crazy road trips with friends (maybe a future blog?). I have had so many opportunities to meet new people and build lasting friendships, learn new ideas and challenge old ones, and otherwise grow as a person.... Not literally of course. We all know that this little frame isn't getting any taller. (So sad)....
Tangent over, here are some highlights from the year:

I got to adventure through 5 different states over Fall break,
driving all over with my 4 best friends. We learned so much
more about each other than  we ever thought we could, sang
our country-music-loving hearts out at the Grand Ole Opery,
and did all sorts of crazy things.... like me getting a tattoo. ;)
So much fun.

I found out that I can graduate with my undergraduate degree in 3 years. What a blessing!

I got to intern with a local nonprofit, working with kids and pouring into them...
So many things! I suppose if you want to hear more, you just need to ask me.




Well, that's my year in a wrap.
The only thing I missed was updates on my upcoming trip to India. That'll be in my next post. I have all sorts of fun information and prayer requests to share with you guys as I talk about this upcoming trip. In the meantime, hope you're feeling "at home" this holiday season! Find time to rest, worship, work, and play, and be blessed my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment