Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Finishing Touches on a semester

Hello Friends!

With everything coming to a rapid close for this semester, I figured I should give you all an update on the "happenings" of my life. ;) Sorry about my stream-of-consciousness writing here; homework has been a constant today, and my brain is starting to be tired.

My whole life I have loved reading stories, and always wanted to be in a story, to be the heroine in one of those beloved tales. And here I find myself caught up in the adventure that is LIFE.

Living with God... what a joy each day brings!
And yet, I think to myself that even if I were to die tomorrow, I would be utterly content. There is nothing I need more than my relationship with God, and that is totally assured. Yet I could live 100 years more and be more content and overjoyed with each day that comes before me. I am learning how much of an adventure (wrote about it in my other blog) life is with God. Not because of its perfection, but because of its continuation. Two things I know to be true, that will Never change: 1) I am, and always will be, a beloved daughter of the Most High God. 2) This wonderful Dad of mine (aka Jesus) will Always be with me, no matter what I face.

This is where I get to the update part, I suppose. :)
Like I said, God has been Good. He has been teaching me about Himself, healing my body even more... I have been finding joy in my work, and love for the people around me. I was blessed this last weekend to visit my family, and am Amazed by the way my relationship with my Heavenly Dad has conquered even the beautiful friendship and life and trust I have with my two marvelous earthly parents (and yet, they still reflect his love so well).

Anyway, I have been adventuring, I suppose. There have definitely been some downs, as I had bronchitis and a couple other sicknesses recently. But overall God is still good :) hehe and I am thrilled for the future. Right now I have three more intense but exciting weeks of school before the semester draws to a close and I head out to India.

Life with God may be a huge adventure, but sometimes it seems that some little adventures stand out more than others. There is no doubt that India is one of these times. I am beyond thrilled to visit this beautiful country in Asia, and to help children have their childhoods back for a little. For those who do not know/remember, my team and myself will be traveling in the country for about one month, working with orphans and street children in a series of children's camps. We will be working mainly with 5-11 year olds, teaching them about how Jesus and his servants in the Bible are heroes. If you think of us, pray for us, will you not? I have found some of God's greatest works tend to be behind the scenes. He's that great God who coordinates our escapes and miracles ahead of time, you know?

Anyway, I hope your lives are also filled with joy, peace and rest! I pray that your Easter went well and you are discovering God more each day.

Adventure well, my friends!

~A Fellow Adventurer

No comments:

Post a Comment